Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let them wear heels!

I was inspired by the blog of my fabulous childhood friend Al... a little background: we became fast friends in kindergarten as the tallest girls with the same name. Fifteen-something years later, we are both pursuing degrees of or related to writing, and wearing our heels.

The road hasn't been smooth as a tall girl. Standing at 5-feet-11 and 3/4-inches, the larger than life feeling is not just a cliche, but more often than not, a stark reality, realized in every next head-to-toe stare. The irony is that I am the runt of my family (my youngest sister just passed me)! Really, I can't win, even at family reunions (except when measured against the in-laws). But as one who has pretty much come into my own, I appreciate these pieces:

This 6' 4" strawberry blonde is not shy when it comes to heels. Reminds me of my own 6' 3" strawberry blonde sister.

Manolo Blahnik, the shoe designer made famous by Carrie Bradshaw, blogs on tall girls...and the case of Carla Bruni Sarkozy.

0 footnotes: