With my favorite date, my mom.
My sweet mom AND dad picked me up from LAX yesterday, and the drive back down home was really fast... while my dad wasn't counting off the minutes to the next freeway landmark seeing how fast we were making it and talking about I-405 horror stories (he's super German sometimes, even though he's not).
Oh to be back on the huge CA freeways on which you can go over 100 KPH (the New Zealand standard, about 60 MPH), wow.
I saw a billboard for Date Night. Two of my favorite comedy actors EVER. This has a lot of hype to live up to... My mom high-fived me in the backseat.
Then, I brought up that I was excited to watch General Conference (impressive language lineup by the way, gooo Mormons).
My mom was cruising the Amtrak with little sister Kathy on the northern East Coast this past week for college visits, so she hadn't seen it either. High five again.
And when I got home, while I was giving my fam some Neverland mementos, they were pausing some Tivo'ed Project Runway. My dad, the architect, has watched it with acute concentration from Season 1. It's really darling.
Don't worry, they've saved the entire current season for me. I have sorely MISSED Tim Gunn!

Make it work ;)




6 footnotes:
so glad you are home safe, love love
ahhhhhh i love your cute family!!!
p.s. totally jealous of your mom singing to Robert REDFORD!
LOVE this picture of your mom! She totally looks like you- beautiful! And everyone in the picture is loving/adoring her-- just like we do now! And is she wearing a 'Harvard' sweater dress? It is awesome.
I too watch project runway with acute concentration! Ty can do a spot on impression of Tim Gunn by the way- love him.
I was very confused at first, definitely thought your mom was you before I read the caption. totally hot.
can't wait to see the movie!
Brooke, I don't think it's a sweater dress but it's still awesome.
And Eliz loves how her tights match the color of her skin. Winters in Cambridge and Provo have that in common. And Ty and I went head-to-head with Tim Gunn impersonations this past holiday rendezvous. He is not too shabby! "Designerrrs..."
Post a Comment