Thursday, April 1, 2010

You know it's a good read when...

You force yourself to go to sleep waaay past your bedtime, then lie awake for another ten minutes contemplating if you made the right decision to stop reading for the night.

The struggle!

Anyways, this TRUE STORY both captivated and horrified me. And sure, you can say it's biased and prejudiced, but it's her story, so she's entitled to her observations and opinions.

And it's pretty amazing how far Iran has come since the 80s, judging by the Rick Steves documentary on Iran I watched on Hulu a little while ago (Rick Steves is way goonie, but what can I say, it was a boring Friday night in Provo), and their Twitter-influenced elections late last year... different picture, indeed.


Have you read any good books lately?

I have a few long flights ahead of me :). Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

3 footnotes:

Jules AF said...

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the sequel. (It's going to be a trilogy.) I reeeaally liked them!

Unknown said...

who knows if youre into the fantasy genre but this is probably my all time favorite book:

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Anonymous said...

You've probably heard of it, but I recommend The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins. I finished it yesterday evening and had to run out at 10:30 to buy the next one in the series! So good!