My mentor who I can't name because she's too fabulous and well-known in these parts, said to me last week after I sent an email with the wrong wording (she's understandably tough on me, which I am SO grateful for), and I was calming myself down verbally and she said, "We have to CREATE our destinies."
I am a Christian, a 'Mormon,' a believer in God, but He is not going to create what we want for ourselves. He will help us, He will assist us in our pursuits, but we have to be the ones to explore our options and forge ahead.
Or maybe I'm just the product of a very proactive family with an individualistic slant toward religion- you must create create create, THEN check in with Him to see if you're on the right track. Usually you are. And if you aren't, then it becomes apparent, you rally and get out. Basically.
Maybe that's not news to many of you, but I met some people in Utah who were passively waiting for mountains to be moved for them, and it was odd to say the least. Or maybe they didn't dream in the realms of extraordinary like me. Probably the latter.
That is all for now. Go out and CREATE and believe in yourself, men are that they might have joy.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Creating
Posted by Alexandra at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 footnotes:
Great point, Alex! I totally agree, we have to take an active role in our own lives! I love that quote by your "mentor", thanks :)
Hope you're having a good birthday!
i couldn't agree more. love you girl. and your family.
and p.s. i just had trent read this post and he said tell her "big thumbs up" :) haha
Post a Comment