Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I need to be physically triumphant again

That radical power you feel when you stare at rock faces like this and say "Bring it" is missing in my life.



At the time, I wasn't completely smitten with my New Zealand-acquired biking/hiking/climbing quads.

Now, their absence is making my heart grow fonder.


My knees won't allow for marathons. Or maybe I need a running lesson.

Bikram yoga? I've missed you. Om. We shall meet again.


Moab/Mt. Timp/Zion? YES. Anyone?

And uh, I haven't even hiked the Y yet. Maybe I'll do that on commencement day, just to be ironic.


I think my solution is the OUTDOORS.


Also, Chantelle (one of my favorite little bears) wrote this little ditty which shows 8th century Celtic literature meeting the Sugarhouse scene, and I like it a lot.

xo

5 footnotes:

Courtney said...

i was just thinking this the other day, that i wanted a good hike. i guess i'll accept hiking stairs out of the subway for now!

Katie said...

Where are you now? Are you back from Hawaii? When will you be back in Provo? I will hike the Y with you this summer or fall, but I don't think I can handle Timp again.

chantelle.elise said...

rittle bear! yes!

defining amy said...

we are hiking the y when you get back. no questions about it.

Emily said...

I was planning on hiking the Y on Commencement Day in April because I hadn't done it either! But then it snowed, so I still haven't! Let's hike the next time we're in the same place!