Thursday, July 1, 2010

Methuselah

Three amazing things about today.

1) Advertising FAIL by Lagoon Waterpark.
Um, yeah. Their background sound in their radio ad is "The Bomb" by Bittersweet- the same as the Lipstick Jungle intro song, a show I liked because it was a less explicit but still naughty, more career-oriented version of SATC. So how did Lagoon advertisers mix that with white bread tankini'ed Mormons riding a Splash Mountain log flume equivalent? Uhhh...

2) My dad and I were at Starbucks once and after placing our order (probably for decaf mochas), the barista asked him "Can I get a name?"

"A name? Or MY name?" my dad asked, obviously in a smart ass mood. He often considers life a big joke that everyone else is not clued into.

"Just...a name," the barista hurriedly replied, hovering over the white cup with her Sharpie.

"Oh, ok. METHUSELAH." He turned to me, "What? It was the oldest-living person in the Bible!"

"Can you spell that?"


So there I was in Starbucks circa age 15 with my dad unaware of how mortified I was of him with the name "Methuselah" inked in black, wrapping halfway around the stark white cup.

Quintessential hilarious Henry. Thanks for making me have a solid 5 minute moment in class today stifling laughter thinking of this.


3) I am ever so grateful for friends who are not afraid of confrontation, who fearlessly bring their issues to the table and work out problems like adults. Yep.

That's all.

2 footnotes:

Lauren Allen said...

hahahahahaha. You make me laugh! Miss you girl!

lindseylovesZARA said...

oh henry. i mean ENRIQUE. gotta love him :)