Hint- I already have everything I want.
I always make informed, calculated, non-impulsive purchasing decisions, which doesn't leave me any room for appreciating a surprise. Just never been a big gift-receiving person, I guess!
Right now, my parents are generously supportive of me, my imagination (why NOT have the world, moon, and the stars too?!) and my adventures. All of my college tuition plus all of my traveling shenanigans have cost about 1 (ONE) year of my sister's school tuition. Probably less, actually.
And probably less than say, what my Upper East Side cousins pay for a year of private elementary school (and they have 3 kids).
Mind blowing. Haha, okay no more dinero talk, it's tacky and taboo. OK.
But honestly, I don't want anything else in my life right now. It seems like everything but memories (and thus, writing material) is junk.
Because I've moved so much over the past 5 years, I've come to love wearing out and paring down my stuff. I am the antithesis of a pack rat. I do not have shiny dreams of establishing and decorating a home (yet?) and making thrifty DIY furniture, because a) I am NOT crafty and b) that would mean STUFF.
Unnecessary STUFF that I would have to pack up at some point soon anyway.
STUFF that probably wouldn't fit in 2 duffels for an airplane flight to somewhere new.
(Basically, my nomadic days are far from over.)
Which brings me to maybe the only thing I'm lusting after, although its real functionality is pending review...

...So that when I have a flight from a terminal at Heathrow that the unphased security lady says will take 20 minutes to walk to... and it's final boarding call... I can just zippity-doo-dah on by...
(instead of looking like Ameri-trash classlessness running to the gate...eek...but I made it, rest assured!)
Because doesn't graduating college mean also graduating from duffels to suitcases (slash-scooters!)?


9 footnotes:
oh man, that's pretty much the best and most ingenious piece of luggage i've ever seen!
i'm the same way- stuff, just overwhelms me.
at the same time, i love home decorating doo-dads, but seeing as how the thought of living in one place, for an extended period of time, makes me nauseous, and i don't have a, "i-plan-to-settle-down-and-make-this-place-home," home... i just walk on by.
--maybe one day...
That thing is seriously cool. The only thing that comedically might be better was if it folded into a segway suitcase so you could glide intimidatingly above everyone else. I hope you get it so I could find you in the SD airport!
simply incredible. there are no words to sufficiently depict the GENIUS behind these little numbers. i fully support, and now share in, your lust.
oh my gosh. that is amazing. and i am pretty sure i am the opposite of you...i have sooo much STUFF, it's ridiculous.
hahahaha i can see you on that right now!! so great! ps i would like to join you on these travels you speak of.
heathrow's a nightmare!
this would be awesome!
i've already told you this....but sounds incred, and this would take "backpacking in europe" to a whole new level
Oh Alex, I laughed out loud when I got to the picture. I hope you actually get this, and use it. And take pictures of yourself using it.
woooooooooow. coolest thing ever.
Post a Comment