I thought it was absurd when my high school teachers would harp on us to always be true to who we really were, because teenage years are such a poor prediction of how one is going to lead his or her life.
Since at BYU there is a markedly lesser amount of existential crisis at surface level, these "who am I" questions are significantly more implied.
But I still think it's absurd to believe you have to have yourself figured out.
At least for me, the more I learn about myself, the less I know. So I'm always a little puzzled when people advise me to be true to myself. It's like when my parents would tell me to "just do your best."
They had to add "...with the time you have" to that statement because it was and still is the hardest statement for me to digest.
#MusicMonday - John Mayer's Battle Studies...if you didn't get the title I altered from Half of My Heart
AND of course MirandaSings Christmas Album!!! ;)
Monday, December 7, 2009
Half of my [head's] got a grip on the situation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 footnotes:
i totally agree.
the more you know, the less you know. i laugh sometimes when i think back to the person i was even a few short years ago. so much changes...i guess the core is the same, but still........
Battle Studies is FANtastic. I am a FAN of it.
I took a personal oath to do just what I do, be just what I am, & dance whenever I want to. Each day I may be a different person so I do what that person would do that day and move on.
i'm loving john mayers new stuff!
Post a Comment