Thursday, January 1, 2009

Czech-ing in 2009

I don't know about you, but 2008 was great to me.

It began with my family flying back from a Hawaiian vacation, proceeded with a study abroad in Spain where I got to hang out with fun people all the time while also visiting 6 other countries, a beyond fantastically fabulous summer in New York City with dear friends (old and new) and wonderful colleagues where I interned, and ended with four more months of school chipping away towards my dreams.

Of course, there were downs along the way (from my dad almost dying of a near heart attack in July, to the most intense ongoing physical pain adversities I've endured in my life that were, just weeks ago, put to a pretty hopeful end).

But as I look back on 2008, I see far more things positive, which in turn give me immense hope for what 2009 will bring.

As a final adieu to the year past, here's a photographic recap via NY Times (thanks Kate)!



Right now, I'm currently en route to Prague with three of my best friends...


I know, what a life.
(Sometimes I want to pinch myself, and then I quickly remember all the hard work and sacrifice that gets me these places, and the pinching then becomes highly uncalled for.)

So since you can't be with me, here are some National Geographic slide shows for you to Czech out.

Click here and here.



Happy New Year 2009!

May this be our best one yet.

1 footnotes:

chantelle.elise said...

agreed and agreed, best is yet to come :)