I'm dreaming of a white ......city of New York!!!


AKA My Promised Land.

One because, a) I love the Nutcracker... and SJP's bun when she attended the NYC Ballet's premiere Monday night.

b) Just like SJP said, "How great it is to be single in the city, because the city is your date." Amen.
c) Ever since I was about 4 years old I've dreamt of the image of myself being 26 all wrapped up in fall fashion hailing a cab, off to take my fabulous self somewhere equally as fabulous.
Kind of like Jennifer Garner's young character in 13 Going On 30...("I want to be 30! Thirty and flirty and thriving...")
Never have I yearned to be in such a place during the holiday season as NYC (except for home, of course!)
Until next summer, and next Thanksgiving vacation,
NYC please keep coming home to me in my thoughts, this interim period without you is misery.
Love, Alex
PS: Sundance opens in 2 days. Hallelujah.
and PSS: Does ANYONE remember this??!
I'm pretty sure when I was little I would watch the Sesame Street Christmas video (that includes this most memorable clip) even when it wasn't Christmas time.


2 footnotes:
Omgsh Alex that gorgeous picture of the tree and the skating rink in Rockefeller Center almost brought me to tears because I miss that place so much. I can't even believe I got to work in that building for 7 weeks. I think I'll spend Christmas break in my room watching movies set in new york with a box of tissues.
AH. christmas would be magical there...and even more so the new year. check out the blizz-og. i just needed to vent.
Post a Comment