Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Miracle of Life Part II

...Because maybe unloading these is therapeutic and shows how ridiculous a child I was.

A) One day as my mom was collecting items to donate to "the poor people" of Mexico, she told me to gather things that maybe had sentimental value but that I didn't need anymore.

I was about 4: old enough to see right through all the hogwash and glory of being a fairly new big sister to what it really was = attention redistribution.

Apparently, my eyes got wide and excited, and I said
"I know! We can give Anne Carroll [my sister] to the poor people!"

I'm so glad my mom overrode my judgment.



B) I once went through a phase of demanding people call me Wendy.

As in, Wendy from Peter Pan.

Demanding manifested in there being "Wendy" written atop many a Pre-K art piece (in both my handwriting and my teacher's- I can only imagine what they were thinking).
But among other things, it came back to me remembering how I thought Wendy really had it all:

i) a guy who knew how to fly,
ii) who taught
her how to fly, and
iii) who flew her to a place of tree forts and forests to explore.


(My future husband has some large shoes to fill...(wings to spread?))


C) I was a very curious child. One day as a 7 year old, I was totally flummoxed for how "it" happened and straight-up asked my mom how A got to B (a term later learned as "conception" in middle school science class).

The best part is that AC happened to be in the room too, approximately age 3, and as soon as my mom opened up the peanut gallery for questions, AC ever so inquisitively asked...

(I can just see her head tilted and brow furrowed)

"Even....camels?!"



So yes, I brought on the sex talk at age 7.


I can only wait to be on the receiving end of questions like these of my own, because as you have just witnessed, I know I really have it coming...

Love,
Wendy

3 footnotes:

yusufyusuf said...

Hi..!
Nice blog...
Have a nice day...


06.06 ©

RayRay said...

i agree with "yusefyusef"

nice blog. have a nice day.

p.s. i'm all about peter pan as well. Let's find twins?

RedCurlGirl said...

hahaha those were fabulous stories--and the best part is that everyone has them lol