On Halloween, I don't go for themes of 'skank' or 'scary,' but rather hilarity.
Por ejemplo, remember last year when I was Sarah Palin? or when I was a COMPOSER circa age 7? (The link at the end of that post proved an interesting foreshadow to this year's costume- what with the 'popping')
And this year, it was Lady Gaga, naturally... her getups are made for Halloween replication.
I was surprised I didn't see more...
I'm aware my face looks utterly ridiculous, but I believe part of costuming requires getting into character, hence my fun with Palin's accent last year via self-Method-ing Tina Fey, and this year's GaGa 'thizz face' of sorts...
Bubbles still intact at this point (it proved to be more high maintenance than I envisioned), with with my legit basketballer roommate Mackenzie as GI Jane (anyone who posts videos of Shaq & Dwight Howard dance-offs on my Facebook wall has my strait up respek'...)Stopped by SpAly's party...they were McCain/Palin last year, and an old married couple this year. I can't wait to see them when we're 70...dressed like 20-somethings again!
Yes, I drove in this. I had to recline my seat all the way down to fit in. I could only steer the wheel in 4 inch increments. Kids stared. I felt like a marshmallow (or the gauche version to the Carrie Bradshaw limo wedding dress moment). Rad.
And shout out to Amanda: I'm sad I missed you! And Criz, you too!
Then home after a rollicking time (poker face) on the town to watch the end of the Yankees/Phillies in my leotard.
How much longer until Thanksgiving? ;)



8 footnotes:
Love it! You looked even better in person.
Thank you for posting these pictures. I wish you were wearing nothing but a leotard underneath....
LOVE the costume! Wish I could have seen it in person!!!
oh yes! Lady Gaga screams halloween!
I love your oh-so-serious lady gaga face in the pictures! haha
Great job on the costume!
you are a RAD person. i officially want to be friends with you BECAUSE of your halloween costume. i am in awe of your lady gaga-ness right now!
omg HILARIOUS...i laughed. hard.
i heart your blog. i just sent that facebook ecard you posted to a friend. and also. you totally pulled off lady gaga wig or not :). i am officially a follower of your awesomeness.
oh there is a paper-chain countdown already begun!
you just autotune-out those provo blues girlfriend!!
Post a Comment