In New York City (of course, duh) subways.
Below are some new ads set to go up:
And I guess some experts argue this subway marketing works- after all with the nutritional labeling and trans-fat ban, NYC is one of the "thinnest" cities in the US.
Adding my two cents to the healthcare debate (Partisan pigeonholers be forewarned, I think mine's pretty independent):
One of the most essential but hugely unspoken element of the healthcare debate is that of what Americans are eating. I don't need to regale us with all the statistics of how obese we are or how large our portions are or how much we spend on weight-loss products...it's all a mess and too much money goes towards something that is not progressing.
Maybe I am not one to talk because I am not obesity- or diabetes-inclined, nor do I work in or formally study the healthcare industry. But when you see numbers like $263 billion going toward funding the two combined, I don't think it's entirely fair in some way that I am paying into something that is, as it appears (pun intended), for the MOST part (not all- type I diabetes anyone?) entirely preventable.
Maybe I've hit a nerve, and if so, I apologize. But please, do yourself and all other Americans a favor. I don't need to tell you to get '5-a-Day' or to work out or to not drink milk and all of that ... but I guess I just did.
I really liked President Obama's speech actually ... (revoking cancer treatment halfway through IS extremely wrong) ... and we shall see if his promises pan out. Even flaming conservative libertarian Glenn Beck, who TIME accuses as a fear-marketing "Mad Man" said
"I don't know personally a single Democrat who is a dope-smoking hippie that wants to turn us into Soviet Russia."
But politics is something in which I cease to find much satisfaction, as the more I read about it, the more confused I find myself. Maybe you could argue that anything worthwhile is, in it's essence, confusing at the core. But I can't seem to catch a break from this little thing called the US political economic system.
And coming from a politically apathetic family (read: Beltway Burnouts turned Carefree Californians) doesn't help.
But I think all of us can agree that in light of the pathetic and utterly rude Kanye antics of last Sunday's VMAs...
THE jackass comment is totally justified...
and maybe you totally disagree with me above on healthcare, but below here, can see why I deemed this the best subway ad of summer 2008:

T. Swizzle: you're welcome.
NYC: You can't come soon enough.
Happy weekend.



1 footnotes:
i wish i was witty enough to come up with some great footnote right now... but why is it that "t-swizzle" always makes me laugh?
Post a Comment