I don't have a particularly memorable 'where were you on 9/11' story (as if it matters)- except for the fact that my high school teachers did not let us watch footage (it was onward with their lesson plans) ... so I confirmed the nightmarish rumors back at home circa 3pm PST.
But what is memorable is the unity and hearkening back to values our country experienced. My favorite gospel principle is that of remembering who I am: a child of God. Puts everything in perspective.
It's why I go to church, why I pray, why I study the valuable lessons found in ancient scripture: to remember where I came from and where I'm going.
Kind of like this sister missionary for my church who serves in Chinatown NYC.
(Click on link for slideshow)

Friday, September 11, 2009
Remembering
via long story short
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 footnotes:
i really loved this. You are so eloquent. I was going to say, "You're so freaking eloquent..." but i decided to try being eloquent myself. xoxo
Post a Comment