I was telling a friend recently that whenever I'm around someone who I'm potentially interested in, (which does not happen very often at all because I am extremely picky as well as 'really intimidating'), I am serially shy until the awkwardness phase turns into a comfortable one.
Probably stems from all my former self-conscious days. Which is annoying, because it only makes the situation more awkward when I cannot contribute. I think I've learned to subconsciously counteract this habit by being a semi-good question asker. But then inevitably the ball gets placed in my court and then it's all over.
Awesome.
But then my friend argued that being a word vomit-er with a potential interest is more dangerous, because then they have material they can use in their case "against" you.
But no cool guy wants a boring girl!!! I'm convinced being a word vomiter would be more attractive.
Or one of my friends confesses that her inner-most secrets are more often made known to airplane seatmates, not her friends. Whereas instead of talking miles a minute at miles-high altitudes, my interaction with plane strangers consists of head-nodding yes or no if I or they need to get up past me.
So what are you?
a word vomiter
or
serially shy?
I'm curious...please footnote your thoughts and stories
PS: I can't think of "word vomit" without thinking of Mean Girls (ah such a classic!)...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I'd take vomiting anyday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 footnotes:
word vomiter that would rather not talk to people on airplanes. Too awkward once you start the conversation to have any silences you see... And who really wants to talk to a stranger for the ENTIRE trip?
i too think of mean girls. and i have to say i fall on the side of word vomit. and i think for the most part it works...at least, it has so far. so um. yeah.
Word vomitter. Hands down. I have sooo many stories.
I also parallel word vomit with Mean girls! Its such a fantastic movie!
I am going to go with seriously shy. Its sad but true. I always feel like the person I am talking to has better things to do than sit there and listen to what i have to say. Thats why I love blogging. I say what I want and if you get bored reading it you don't have to come back. ever. and read my thoughts.
I'm a mix of both. If I'm a bit comfortable, I'll blurt out some embarrassing stories about myself. I hope that's endearing...right?
Otherwise, I'm serially shy. Both around guys I like, and even around normal people.
Totally a word vomiter. I'm pretty sure I've scared some guys away, but at least I've made some really great friends out of it. Haha.
Serially shy.
i'm serially shy with two exceptions: my close circle of girlfriends (army of skanks, if you will), and my blog.
BOYS. oh boy
i'm not really much of either. i tend to get sassy. scratch that. i get SNARKY. as in reverting to third grade tactics. you know, the petty stuff as in lets-poke-fun-at-and-belittle-you-until-you-reeeeally-like-me...right?
GROOL strategy, huh?
Post a Comment