Since 11/11 is a star-crossed superstitiously lucky day.....
(my Glamour Mag horoscope predicts many men will be awaiting me under the mistletoe this year. Try to contain your cosmic jealousy)
..... you burntmustard readers are also SO lucky (recall the "Rucky" post of this past summer), because here I am posting TWICE in one day.
I'd like to start by just reiterating how luckily honored I am to have such a loyal fanbase. I realize 97% of you do not comment, and that is fine, though I am a writer so I will openly admit I love affirmation and feedback. I would urge you at least consider commenting sometimes.
Because I know you're out there.
Even a simple "lol" would suffice. Yes, you.
First: Wow, can I just say the fashion industry is really digging deep.....(pun intended)....or something.....
Is it the economy? We can't even afford clothes anymore? Are they feeding models even less than cigarettes and salads?Or... is it genius?
Because take it or leave it: never have exoskeletons been so chic.
And Second:
Here's another reason to NOT burn Mormon temples.
After the Prop 8 fiasco (in which the under 1% of California's Mormon population is now under huge scrutiny for somehow controlling another 51% to vote Yes on the measure), we know that at least the Irish don't hate us and our baptisms for the dead.
At least this Belfast Telegraph columnist in the article titled
"What if Mormons Are Right and Catholics and Protestants Wrong?"
I don't like his headline because I do not think Catholics and Protestants are straight up wrong...but McCann goes into why it actually makes sense to baptize in proxy for the deceased rather than babies.Here's the lead:
"Why are the Catholic bishops so concerned about Mormons baptising dead parishioners? The Mormons didn’t invent baptism of the dead. The practice has a significant history within mainstream Christianity..."
I am such a tease....so go read the full article here.
And don't worry, Sir Eamonn McCann, you can eternally "comeupp" with me.
This is just mortal probation. No big if you've forgotten-- the veil is kinda thick sometimes.
Hopefully you won't consider the irony of a a post dedicated to bones on the runway and baptizing for the dead sacrilege.


3 footnotes:
I read that article awhile back, too. Interesting, no?
Lexa, your poll about GG should have an "all of the above" option. That would be my vote.
Thank you.
that skeleton necklace frightens me.
Post a Comment