I watched this gem of a movie the other night with my sis. From the hot pink and other neon 80s outfits to vintage SJP dancing around (even though the camera was ever so strategically zoomed out for the more complex moves), it completed my life in a way I knew not possible.
Here are a few choice quotes that, along with the title of this post, explain why this movie is EPIC.
(On deciding an outfit):
"Decisions are the worst!"
"I knew this was going to be cool, I just knew it!"
(Helen Hunt, responding to SJP's quizzical look as she changes on the school bus, reversing her Catholic school uniform skirt from plaid to black)
"Velcro: Next to the Walkman and Tab, it's the best invention of the 20th century."
"No fraternizing! Stay away from him, he's a boy!!!" -Nun
"You're taking a fashion risk, I like that." -one of the 'producers' at the 'DanceTV open call,' to SJP, who was wearing her schoolgirl uniform. (I strongly believe this is where the beginning of the SATC inspiration came.)
Click here for a trailer...DO NOT miss the pommel horse-ing nun at 1:22 :)
Saturday, August 8, 2009
"I have a cheekache from smiling"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 footnotes:
YES. an all-time classic...one of my favs!
how about "don't throw a mental dad." or my personal favorite..."safest thing you'll ever have between your legs." haha, i didn't notice/understand that one until i was like 17. i watched that movie every year on my birthday growing up. definitely a favorite.
hahaha i definitly watched this too like i think a week ago it was great almost as good as holiday in the sun!
Post a Comment