Sunday, August 23, 2009

Untitled from the West Pt. 2

Wow.

I do not remember feeling as happy as I am right now in a long time. So full of joy, hope, contentment, and excitement for what lies ahead in life.

I have had such an incredible summer. Charmed, if you will. The theme of it was perspective...

a good friend asked me today at church what my favorite memory this summer was- either having 40 people in our house for a family reunion (yes, 40...Lobster night was just one highlight) .... or having Ray up for an endless gab fest, feeling the spirit of Elijah as we talked about our parents and grandparents, who knew each other way back when.
(oh, and sailing of course...and her making me into the newest Bachelorette fan hehe.)

Yesterday I attended a wedding in Orange County for a cousin and her darling new husband. I got to see family I don't get to see as often as I would like, and caught up with cousins who have achieved goals very similar to what I want to do with my life. They were on average, about 9 years older than me so it's fun to get advice, validation and affirmation...I love having fabulous role models and confidantes. It reminded me how much I actually love growing up, because the whole world keeps opening up to you. My family is extraordinarily divine.

There is folksy music coming in my room from either the neighbor or someone down the hill (we live on a cliff) having a soiree of sorts. It's a titch annoying, but it takes me back to the time in high school when the neighbors had a cocktail party with steel drummers (2 years in a row, actually), and each time I called my friend Liz and we went and TP'ed their Cruella de Ville looking Rolls Royce, as well as made coyote sounds to the guests to 'scare' them as we crept up on the canyon below the veranda. We were such pranksty dorks...

GOOD TIMES.

Life, keep them coming...and Love, save the empty.

(that goldfish thing going on is so What About Bob... how ironic...)

1 footnotes:

RayRay said...

perhaps my favorite memory this summer as well... Oh I love you. I needed this refresher tonight.