Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've been TAGGED!

Okay, I've read blogs for a while now, including their 'about me' laundry lists from when they are "TAGGED" by other bloggers.

After writing their brag lists, they proceed to TAG other people....and I have never been one of the lucky ten before.

Every time I don't see my name on a tag list, I'll admit it puts a slight damper on my self-esteem.

BUT now, Brook has officially crowned me.
I have been.... TAGGED!

So here it goes!!!



10 TV Shows I Love to Watch:


1. Gossip Girl
2. The Office
3. SNL Skits- especially political satire
4. Sex and the City- edited version on TBS- wittiest show ever created.
5. Lipstick Jungle
6. The Daily 10 on E!
7. Colbert Report
8. Daily Show with Jon Stewart
9. Sunset Tan- occasional snippets, because it's hilarious to watch people who believe they change the world one Mystic tan at a time.
10.* I have seen five minutes each of Laguna Beach and The Hills, and I was never more bored in my life. I don't get it.



10 of my Favorite Restaurants Are (to list only 10 is a STRUGGLE):

1. I Tre Merli or any non-chain restaurant in NYC West Village

2. Paradou- Meatpacking District, NYC - I did a restaurant review of it- better than Pastis bistro
3. Mise en Place- New Hampshire- where I developed my love of haute cuisine
4. Piatti- La Jolla, CA - Italian perfection
5. Willi's Wine Bar - Paris- ostrich and fond memories with my cousin who was studying there

6. Union Square Cafe & Greenmarket- for impeccable fusion of city and country

7. Pasta Pronto- Del Mar, CA- For years, I've had their mango tart in lieu of birthday cake.

8. Morocco hole in the wall where I had the most amazing cous cous with lamb.
9. Shake Shack (Madison Square Park, NYC): trumps In-N-Out, and I don't even like burgers!

9.
Elementi: Park Slope, Brooklyn (NYC) - incredible authentic rabbit tagliatelle pasta....did I mention they deliver?
10. California Pizza Kitchen - my go-to Utah Valley staple - it's 20% off with student ID



10 Things that Happened Yesterday:
1. Spent 3.5 hours on InDesign tinkering with a final draft for a design project, which was then dissed by my temperamentally grading teacher. Awesome.
2. Took only 6 or 8 acetaminophen
- a huge step forward
3. Read some of November's Vogue- great article on the Biden women

4. Told a boy in my ward he looked like Penn Badgley
5. Decided I'm going to be more romantically progressive with boys in Utah Valley because they are lame- but I don't want to be alone amongst pansies until my sunflower comes along
.
6. Applied to do a special course in Prague
7. Wore my yarn necklace from Morocco
8. Drank probably a gallon of peppermint tea
9. G-chatted while editing stories (a daily thing)
10. Blogged



10 Things I am Looking Forward to:

1. Going to Prague (cross your fingers) in January
2. Hopefully seeing my friend Tara in Edinburgh or skiing the Alps before #1
2. My internship in Washington DC next summer
3.
Snowboarding with friends this winter, being 15 minutes away from the slopes
4. Leaving Provo FOR GOOD- only 6 more months. HALLELUJAH.
5. Going to grad school on the east coast.
6. Living in NYC again...and DC...and Boston...
7. Planning Enrichment (finally, whoops...)
8. Having a kissing buddy (to the advisement of my friends and cousin Jennie)
9. Getting into a relationship
10. Converting Bill Hemmer to Mormonism and living happily ever after (only half kidding!)




10 Things on my Wish List:

1. That a to-be-unnamed gorgeous man (boy?) wouldn't be so self-absorbed
2. That guys weren't intimidated by me
3. That I were three inches shorter
4. That I were better at graphic design
3. To become a yoga instructor
4. That Utah culture weren't like the Pharisees and Sadducees
5. To turn atheists into believers
6. To show people I love them
7. That Emiley, Tracey, Liz, Lauren and Alison would get Facebook
8. To travel the world as a spa critic
9. To never lose touch with my friends
10. To live the life I've imagined



10 People I Tag:
1. Thatch
2. Teen

3. Chantelle
4. Lindsey
5. Siovhan
6. Aly D.
7. Alli D.
8. Janessa
9. Mad-Dawg
10. Tara

4 footnotes:

siovhan said...

awesome. your life is so cool. :)

want the honest truth? i've never tagged you because i've always deemed you too cool for tags. but now that i know different...i'll keep you in mind.

Kaitlyn Thatcher said...

thanks a lot for tagging me alex, now i actually have to take the time to come up with really awesome things to write on all of those lists that will never be half as cool as the things you wrote. your restaurant list alone makes me feel inferior...lol...so now i'm trying to think of every place i liked to eat in nyc so my list will be half as cool as yours...does whole foods count as a restaurant?

Alexandra said...

Thatch- Whole Foods TOTALLY COUNTS. I was there ALL THE TIME this summer.

tracey jameson said...

i'm sorry.....i just can't bring myself to get facebook. :(