As if all my posted SNL clips weren't enough of an indication, Sarah Palin scares the living daylights out of me.
Visit this Web site to see more examples why- Click on things around the Oval Office (be sure to click on the globe and doors a few times).
Which may explain why my lifelong registered Republican mother is 70 percent sure she's voting Obama/Biden this year. The only thing she regrets about McCain losing this year is, and I quote, "that we'll be missing out on 4 years of Tina Fey's Palin impressions."
Yes, this decision from the woman who, who over the dinner table every night, helped me intellectually disseminate my daily dose of liberal propaganda a la my high school teachers, who were all Jewish, or Berkeley/East Coast university grads.
We'll be honest though, the REAL reason why we're voting for Barack is to pave the way for Romney 2012 (or 2016).
So here's a video from the Harvard College Democrats about Mrs. Palin (I stole this idea from Al's blog)
Because let's not lie, as if Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was enough to make me shed in-theater tears for my NYC longings, I am in dire need of some hygiene-challenged, quick-witted East Coast intellectualism right now.
My favorite line is:
"Sarah...
You think with your gut
Unlike those fact-finding rational punks
With your Tina Fey glasses
Kick those Ivy League asses
Take their "plans" and replace them with spunk"
How sad my dad actually fesses up to buying into this "spunk."
(I have still to determine how his elusive independently registered voting self will decide this year. )
Well, perhaps I would too buy into the "spunk" if she formed complete rational sentences when not giving (prepared) speeches, pronounced "nuclear" correctly, enunciated the Gs on the end of her words, and rethought this whole "maverick" description (which, by nature of the word, is really not flattering for anyone trying to lead a nation).
Aaaaaand....I think the following may be SNL's greatest work to date.
Let's be honest, Joe the Plumber and Crazy McCain Rally Lady were the REAL political celebrities of this past week.
Genius.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Palin versus Rationality
Posted by Alexandra at 4:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 footnotes:
Post a Comment