Thursday, October 30, 2008

'Jamba Juice' is not a code, and Halloween preview

To clarify, I have been approached by a couple loyal blog readers if my post on Jamba Juice is/was CODE for a boy in my life.

Answer: No.

The whole "Jamba Juice relationship" post was a satire on how Provo boys develop romantic relationships

i.e.

1) He sees a girl at church (in the ward, anything else wouldn't be convenient/easy enough), and decides he could marry her.

2) He drops/by slinks around her apartment (because it wouldn't be cost effective or convenient to do anything else)

3) He suggests she comes over to his apartment so he can potentially cuddle with her in a movie, what really happens is he spends the whole time trying to garner the courage to touch her arm

4) On the second in-apartment movie 'date,' they legitimately cuddle (she initiates).

5) He takes her OUT (!) to a dollar movie, and if he really likes her, Coldstone after.

6) He slinks some more around her apartment, so she makes him food and they talk about how many kids they want to have.

7) Now that they're in agreement they want 5 kids, he takes her to Los Hermanos for a <$20 meal as they discuss marriage dates.

8) He gets protective and wants to date exclusively, even though you've only been on officially 2 dates. So the girl is now OFF LIMITS to anyone else, and would qualify as a "cheater" if she accepted a date from anyone else.

9) Now that boundaries are established, more slinking ensues. Perhaps a drive up the canyon followed by Cafe Rio is apropo at this point. He tries to imagine how the proposal will go.

10) Now after more of aforementioned-like shenanigans, he takes girl to Olive Garden or maybe Macaroni Grill, then to the Provo Temple and proposes.

10a) She accepts, immediately they change their Facebook relationship status to "Engaged."
10b) Profusive congratulatory wall-posting ensues from well wishers (more like 'stunned' well wishers)

10c) Pictures are posted of ring, and also if they are class-less, a self taken photo (you know those ones with the arm coming out from the side) of one of them kissing.

10d) Facebook group is created to collect addresses from friends, temple date is set, cultural hall is reserved. Deal is 'sealed'.

I'm not going into details on how perverted I think this is...

IN OTHER NEWS: I've been too occupied with doing Election stuff in the newsroom, so I kind of forgot it was Halloween tomorrow. But a costume idea came to me last night as I stared at a hot pink vintage Givenchy suit given to us by our family friend who was Miss America in the 1950s (her family gave us some sweet swag when they cleaned out her closet a while ago)......

I've decided to be..............






my favorite person (snicker)............






a 'sort-of-sexy' version (because the skirt's short).......







of.....






the 'Caribou Barbie' herself............









SARAH PALIN





(Or Tina Fey... You Decide 2008.)

Yes, you heard it first on burntmustard.


So on behalf of the good maverick-y citizens of Wasilla, AK,

Happy Trick or Treatin' !!!

1 footnotes:

siovhan said...

I quite literally had apple cider in my nostrils when I read this. I laughed out loud (hard) in my newsroom. Everyone looked at me so I was forced to explain.

You are my HERO.