Monday, October 20, 2008

PTA- no children neccessary

Brook and I are co-founders of a new kind of PTA; no children necessary-

Namely, the committee of Personal Tool Advisors.

Our mission is to go beyond telling boys they are lame, weird and gross (those services come standard);

now we feel we must call them out when they're being downright TOOLS.

(And that's restrained, we could be calling you something worse, like this.)


Hey, tough love, its how men roll.


Here are some one liners you can feed the next tool that walks your way:


The most simple way to get the point across is, of course, the no-questions-asked gem:
"You are a tool"



More confident members of the PTA can segway into more developed tool-isms aka:

"Stop being an XBOX-playing tool with your bum roommates on Friday nights and ask her out"
(generally true)


"Only a tool like you would attempt to win her back on a scenic scooter serenade after you've already broken her heart...twice."
(100% true story)


"Wow you're such a tool for not even kissing her in the almost hour you spent walking around a moonlit Central Park"
(100% true story)


I am reminded of Pink's "So What" song which goes a little something like....

"...Guess what?
I'm having more fun,
and now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight,
I'm alright,
I'm just fine,
And you're a tool so...
so what
I am a rock star, I got my rock moves..."


So who wants to join the PTA?!!!




PS: Jamba Juice update- he's been slinking around my apartment most days this week, eating all the cakes and cookies I've baked (for him)...so even though he hasn't even garnered the chutzpah to ask for my number yet, you could say we're officially dating.

I know, right? Exciting!

Now I'm going to figure out what color and clarity I want my princess cut diamond to be....stay tuned.

5 footnotes:

siovhan said...

PTA. Best idea ever. I want to join. Because beyond using that expression routinely, I feel like I qualify, seeing as I have dated several tools. And now I want to help my fellow chicas by becoming a certified PTA member.

And congrats on you and jamba. It sounds like things are going really well. I smell eternal companions....

Unknown said...

epic blog post.
ohhh scenic scooter rides...

existeentialist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
existeentialist said...

I will never forget the moment I heard Pink's song and besides thinking she's a bad a** I thought "Alex would freaking love this song" Then I told you about it on gchat. The rest is history....PTA will move mountains in the LAME Provo "dating" scene.

Remember Austin's "There's so many weird guys here" after five minutes in Provo. I will do my duty to keep him away from such pathetic individuals. Men is not an appropriate title.

siovhan said...

p.s. i think i dated the scenic scooter ride guy. seriously. if not, there are two.