Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Do It Anyway

I've been having a really rough time lately...

And though you could say I've just "temporarily lost my stride," I do know it is not my best self. But I also know it is still myself- which is depressingly realistic.

Enter the wisdom of Mother Teresa to help me put things in perspective, however downright bleak life may be for me right now.


"Do It Anyway"

A Poem by Mother Teresa


"People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered,
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives,
Be kind anyway

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies,
Succeed anyway

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you
Be honest anyway

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight
Build anyway

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous
Be happy anyway

The good you do today people will often forget tomorrow,
Do good anyway

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough,
Give the world the best you've got anyway

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God,
It is never between you and them anyway."

2 footnotes:

Aly said...

I love that poem! Sorry you have been having a hard time, let's get gelato (or red mango my new fave) soon! I miss you.

T.RIPPY said...

One of my all time favorite poems, it's hanging up in my room!

When in doubt, consult Mother Teresa's words!!