By my own bored fault, I recently had a brief run in with a very toxic substance.
I learned a lot of things through the interaction, mainly confirming that the idiom "misery loves company" is quite real and alive in the world.
Overall, I learned that there are extremely clever people in the world who are insecure, miserable and have deep issues they cunningly disguise with humor, smarts and interesting goals.
However, the aforementioned issues rear their head when they cruelly project that same misery on others to fool themselves into a false sense of superiority.
The only reason I was drawn to this toxicity was because I was intrigued I couldn't figure out said substance (even offering a visit to better understand...shudder).
But now that I have it figured out, it's an ugly reality that there are people like this who roam the earth, unbeknown to the unsuspecting victims on whom they prey.
As a naturally trusting person, it's sobering to have an experience like this. But I am grateful for a keen mind, a deep level of spirituality and community of good people around me to help me on this life path of discernment. It also breaks my heart to know that for many, it's too late.
You know who you are, and if you are reading this, I only wish the best for you - that you find ways to project your energy positively and respectfully.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Toxic, but I didn't slip under
Posted by Alexandra at 11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 footnotes:
Post a Comment