Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kissing checklist

In lieu of planning my wedding or deciding which kind of diamond ring I want (something about cut, color, clarity? I dunno) for my engagement to a currently non-existent man, I'm now creating a kissing checklist as per this Smitten post.


- Atop the Eiffel Tower (3rd time up will be a charm!)



- Along the following rivers:

Seine (Paris is a magical place, I was proposed to at age 17)
Vltava in Prague
Charles in Cambridge, Mass (also a magical place: both my parents rowed there at different points in time, and it's where my brother and sis-in-law met and engaged)

- In Central Park
(almost happened last summer, but the dude was too dull and I wasn't about to go all progressive on him in the most romantic place in America if he wasn't going to man-up)
(yeah, we were sitting on the fountain steps pictured above...in the moonlight...long story short, I never wanted him to begin with, but for story's sake, yes, geez!)


- A mountain summit (Kilimanjaro...base camp of Everest... Any takers?)


- In Africa (Victoria Falls?)


- In Dubai ("Las Vegas on steroids")


- On a sunset on the lake my family goes to every summer



- On a boat (preferably on the a fore mentioned lake)

- On a beach

- In a jungle (Costa Rica, Amazon Brazil, or on an elephant in Thailand)


- In a forest (New Zealand, perhaps?)

- At the Lincoln Memorial


- In all 7 continents
(Antarctica will happen...can't you just take a little boat trip from the southernmost tip of Argentina? Dime, si sabes.)


How about you? Anywhere you want to smooch that I'm missing?

8 footnotes:

Tara said...

lincoln memorial...at night. 100x better than the daytime!

T.RIPPY said...

Antarctica WILL happen.

And as far as the international locations go, will Paris be with a Frenchman? The jungle with a Brazilian? I think yes.

To add my two cents: Santorini or Mykonos...or both.

Valerie said...

Kiss in a plane flying over the African Sahara. Like in "Out of Africa," ideally kissing Robert Redford.

Katie Luman said...

my neighbors went on a cruise to antarctica once. they told me all about it afterward, but i didn't pay attention, because it was also the same time that my parents made me apologize to the neighbs because i used their house for an after dance party while they were gone...

paige said...

what a coincidence that we talked about this last night. i am so jealous of lindsey and all her exciting locations. you have inspired me to make a kissing list of my own, this will be fun.

Alexandra said...

Tara- Yes, i'm sure.
Trippy- Greece, duh, how could I forget?! But, ah, no to the frenchman (their hygiene is not up to par por moi).
Val- I'm overall intimidated by your movie junkie-ness.
Luman- you would
pudge- I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, it was pure irony that we were discussing this last night...

Kristen said...

These are all perfect. And I've gotta say, about half of them were ones I've dreamed of..the other half I hadn't yet thought of. Lake Winnipesaukee would be absolutely fabulous :)

defining amy said...

no question about victoria falls. it is gorgeous there. and you may even be interrupted by a wild monkey.