Saturday, March 7, 2009

La Culture Française

So it's not a secret that part of me wants to be French.

Actually, more so German (they're prompt, hygienic, friendly-er, tall-er and they embrace all cuisines...yeah you can see where my priorities are hah)

not to mention Tina Fey is half-German...




...but the German language is harder and not as practical.

Regardless, I'm really obsessed with la culture francaise, so obsessed that for graduation I'm not asking for jewelry nor a boob job (JK- but it's commonplace where I come from!)...
but Rosetta Stone's to learn French.

I am in love with Paris (even though it's a far scarier place in Taken than say, Mumbai in Slumdog Millionaire...)

I could sit on the Champs-Elysees all day.

I even know where I would live: ideally near the Jardin Luxembourg and the Musee Rodin, close to the cafe culture and nightlife of Montparnasse and the Latin Quarter of the left bank.

Especially after reading this: 5 surprises about living in Paris (I want to be her).
For the record #3, 4, and 5 are presumably universal if you live in Europe- I say that based on my living experiences in Spain, where I did not blow dry my hair, frequently took cold showers (tepid at warmest, in a box-sized shower no less)...and well, the food in Spain is uninspiringly bland so I can't really speak much for the cheddar cheese one.


Check out these luuuurvely flowers from Parisian markets.



Peonies are now in my top three favorite flowers, after orchids and irises.


I find orchids so intriguingly architectural,


Irises so strikingly vibrantly (and who doesn't love Van Gogh),



and Peonies simply lusssh and lovely.


Oh to be in Paris.

(photos courtesy Kari Herer Photography)

2 footnotes:

Elizabeth said...

your dream paris home is situated pretty much where i lived in paris, and let me just say, it was glorious! and since you know some spanish, french with be super facile to learn, or at least the reverse has been true for me, knowing french and taking spanish for the first time in school this year.

bisous or besos,
elizabeth

Alexandra said...

OMG. Eliz I am so jealous- we need to chat about this sometime or you need to blog about it...and I'm so glad learning Spanish has been relatively facil para ti.

Bisous!