Monday, May 18, 2009

Colliding worlds of love

New dress from the Park City BCBG outlet, check. 

New Vanity Fair with plenty of juicy Madoff scoop, check. 

Flight to San Jose, check. 


Only my hippie intellectual cousin Dana and her dear new husband Marcos could bring together the free-lovers of NorCal, native Brazilians and venture capitalists and lawyers of Manhattan, Boston and DC to one place...

SANTA CRUZ!

It has been an incredible weekend of love and family fun! 

Even though I did manage to get my groove on to the awesome music by SambaDa, my nephew Luke, however, was upstaged by all the Brazilians (Marcos' parents, in their 70s, go out dancing nearly every night until 1 or 2 in the morning). 
Although, the wedding cake sugar rush left Luke in fits of giggles as I finally was able to coax him into swinging around and bouncing on my shoulders on the dance floor.  

I will post pictures when I get them. XO

4 footnotes:

Ali Jo said...

sounds like my kind of party! brought together people from my favorite places!! when you headed out here?

Becky and Heath said...

Haha it sounds like quite the celebration Alex!

BTW I was going to ask you about your marathon training. I think you said you were training for one in a previous post...If that's right and I'm not hallucinating, how are you training for it? I'm thinking about doing one in the near future. Any tips??

T.RIPPY said...

you are so well-rounded and beautiful and intelligent.

rock on.

Katie Rich said...

Wow, 70-year-olds dancing until 1 AM? I need to get out more.

Can't wait to see pics of the dress!