I was trying to hold off mentioning this, but I chose "Strawberry Swing" as the first song on my blog playlist because it reminds me of my last summer in NYC.
The Viva La Vida album was my subway music of choice.
Those hot, balmy, stinky subways...
I realized this past weekend that this time last year, I was soaking up Fleet Week in the city that Will so hilariously describes as "a bizarre mix between On The Town and Nazi-occupied France."
Oh how I miss the sleepless wonderland of Gotham...
Dear Manhattan,
Just when I thought I was doing so well...
(i.e. forcing myself not to think of you for knowing I would nervously break down if I did)
...you killed it again.
Thanks to Betty's post for helping me re-kindle this currently long-distance romance...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Stand clear of the closing doors please
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 footnotes:
fleet week was last week. i was there too. we were in new york together and we didn't even know it. we are a match made in heaven. when i saw the yankees on tv last week they showed the fleet week crew and i longed to be there. around all those handsome men. in uniform. mmm :)
Sailors are lingerers, as Fleet Week actually seems to last for about 3 weeks. Remember the SATC episode where they go dancing with them? classic!
reminds me of it, too! something about it matches the feeling of driving through the city. cute blog.
Jessie--
also a student journalist :)
Sorry you are missing NY so much. Come to Peru and you may just miss Provo though :)
Post a Comment