Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Chance London

There's really not much more I can say but that you MUST go see 'Last Chance Harvey.'

It's bittersweetly different than your usual cotton-candy romantic comedy, due to brilliant acting by Hoffman and Thompson.

Pay attention to their nuances. Just perfection.

And I really like how they kept Hoffman shorter than Emma Thompson.
Personally, I can't see myself being with anyone shorter than me, but I always love a confident man who sees a tall girl as a feather in his cap. (i.e. Tom Cruise, etc)


And naturally, it made my heart pine for Londres...

Photo: Getty Images via NPR

5 footnotes:

RayRay said...

totally agree with the whole admiration of a confident shorter man that appreciates a taller woman... also agree that i'm not sure I could ever see myself with one of them. When they are confident enough however, I always second guess myself.

loved the movie as well.

tracey jameson said...

haven't had a chance to see the whole thing, but what i did see i simply adored. charming movie i must say...

meg fee said...

the only man i've ever loved was shorter than me. but he never came across as short.

i am desperate to see this movie and to get to london asap!

The House That Lars Built said...

speaking of Dustin Hoffman...my cello student was a reporter with the Washington Post and Mr. Hoffman followed him for the role of All the President's Men. Funny huh? Funniest though is that he thought Hoffman was a real jerk. too bad. But, I'm sure the movie is great.

Alexandra said...

brittany- I can totally see Hoffman being a jerk. ohh actors...

and yes, to Ray and Meg- confidence makes up what physicality cannot, sometimes ;)