Since both of my own grandmothers have passed away, I took the opportunity to adopt Lindsey's grandma last weekend.
Blogosphere, meet Lucy aka Mimi aka "MimZ."

Matching her hair is her zest for life (and car): RED
This is her answering machine message, I kid you not:
"You've reached Lucy.
I'm out enjoying my golden years!
Please leave your name and number.
Love, Lucy"
"You've reached Lucy.
I'm out enjoying my golden years!
Please leave your name and number.
Love, Lucy"
She takes turns fast, pulling into her garage to a street sign on the wall reading "I Love Lucy Ave"
She keeps up her physical and mental shape by attending "Silver Sneakers" class at her gym and voraciously reading newspapers and books.
She is also a palm reader. Yes. Here were some of my results: I can take on many tasks at once and am detail oriented, I take good care of myself and don't let other people consume me, something traumatic happened in my adolescence (true), I will have 3 kids.
But most importantly, MimZ is super generous and kind.
Took us out to eat, for pedicures, and insisted we use her car all weekend (License plate: RED4RED), saying "You girls go have fun, don't worry about me!"
She is also very funny. Lindsey gave me the heads up when we were heading down there, "Just wait 'til she busts out the stories..."
...and Mimi did not disappoint.
Some MimZ-isms:
"Cops are dirty, aren't they" - warning us about speeding and her theory on how she thinks it's how small towns bring in revenue
"Look, I'm not walking like I'm drunk anymore!" - showing us how she had overcome a recent case of vertigo
"Well...I love going to bed early, and sleeping in!"
"It's a good thing I didn't send you to Paris, Lindsey" - when we were watching Taken...(she had offered to send Lindz to Paris to mend her broken heart)
"I don't have debt!" -barking back at a telemarketer
"You couldn't find anything else to do tonight?" - Mimi, when we turned in at 10 pm
"Well, this is St. George" - us
"True" -Mimi
I was keeling over laughing most of the time.
Thanks MimZ for a great weekend!


4 footnotes:
i heart you alex. i'm mad at myself for not realizing this sooner (like maybe BEFORE i moved away from Provo). Please let me know when you are heading out this way to the east coast. I would totally love to see you. p.s. your blog rox
two things: i want to come back to pilates- i took a short leave of absence because the video fame was too much. #2- sound of music is by far one of my favorite movies too! im going to watch it right now in fact.
I want one!
HAHAHAHAHA
I literally laugh every time I read this fabulous post about my fabulous grandmother! So glad that I could have lent you her for a weekend...
Post a Comment