Sun-kissed.
Family- blissed.
Nothing-missed.
Forest-soothed.
Lake-seduced.
Stress-reduced.
Makeup-free.
Care-free.
Pain-free.
Laughing.
Learning.
Cooking.
Cruising.
Discussing.
Dancing.
Reading.
Writing.
Swim suit-wearing.
Hairbrush-neglecting.
Sunset-watching.
Lobster-eating.
Family- blissed.
Nothing-missed.
Forest-soothed.
Lake-seduced.
Stress-reduced.
Makeup-free.
Care-free.
Pain-free.
Laughing.
Learning.
Cooking.
Cruising.
Discussing.
Dancing.
Reading.
Writing.
Swim suit-wearing.
Hairbrush-neglecting.
Sunset-watching.
Lobster-eating.

Content.


9 footnotes:
this is such a great summer post! love it ... thanks so much for this.
I wrote a summer "anthem" dedicated to my sons that you might appreciate -- when you've got a second, i'd be curious your thoughts: http://fatscribe.com/2009/05/summer-anthem.html
ciao!
Jg.
ooh content definitely sums up what you wrote. lovely words..
ugh I am so jealous!
hey ali! i found your blog through my sister ray's blog. i love this post and i love your writing. i'm going to add you to my blog list so i can keep up with your wonderful life! hope all is well (and by the way, i think you may be a bit more 'content' if we were all at the "Atlantis" together- just maybe!)
i'm so jealous of your life right now... and your famous blog.
xoxo
beautifully organic
xoxo
Burnt Mustard--
Thanks for the interesting blog entries and for taking such good care of my "little" sis.
I loved your post, because I think it captures some of the magic of summer. I think the "Endless Summer" theme is universal and we all have memories of one (or more) great summer experiences that we wish we could stretch out to enjoy forever.
For me, your poem made me think of a trip to Tahiti where we just sat on the beach and watched the sun sink into the South Pacific. It was so warm and comfortable that I really couldn't imagine doing anything else but enjoying that moment and that memory has become a cherished one. As I sat on that beach on tiny island of Moorea, the rest of the world seemed to not matter at all. There were no cell phones, no internet, no computers. No rush to do anything, other than enjoy the spectacular beauty of what seemed to be a forgotten corner of the globe.
I remember thinking at the time that I had never felt so relaxed in my entire life. And I may never feel so relaxed ever again. Yet another reason to treasure the memory.
Thanks again for your posts. Our family *hearts* Lake Witchee Patchee (isn't that what Nueve calls it?)
--GD
This is beautiful poetry. You are beautiful poetry.
Post a Comment