Friday, July 10, 2009

If only he would ask me out on a floating noodle!

(there are SO many now!)

Probably my favorite game in the entire world.


I remember an epic Madlib I did with my sisters once and we read it so many times we memorized it. Here's what I remember after all these years:


"George Washington, the Father of our lamp, was a very warm man. When George was a silly boy, he took his bikini and chopped down his father's favorite cherry Disneyland."


Well Raquel y yo decided to get a book of "Adult" Mad Libs...They're not rauchy (I mean, puh-lease, we're talking about Madlibs.) Ours is about being single.




Okay well here's a sampling of what's been going on here (Mad Lib words bolded):


"Whenever you see him, the back of your knee starts to tingle. Sylvester Stallone, eat your heart out, you think fiercely. If only he would ask me out on a floating noodle!

But why wait, take the mole rat by the horns and ask him instead!
Just plant right up to him and say:

'Ahoy! My name's Katherine. I couldn't help but notice how incredibly bald you are.
Do you work out? I've been admiring your ankle. It looks so protruding.

Listen, I don't usually do this kind of thing, but can I buy you a tree stump? Or maybe we could go somewhere a little quieter and take a dive?

The truth is--and I hope this doesn't come across as too crazy--I think there is a definite rock between us. Anyway, I've got to listen early tomorrow, so here's my phone heartbeat. Lounge me sometime."

You'll be amazed what a spiky dash of confidence can do!"

And that, my friends, is the definition of my kind of fun.

4 footnotes:

RayRay said...

I really wish "stamp" replaced "plant" in this one...

paige said...

glorious!

Unknown said...

ahh, i haven't done madlibs in such a long time! so much fun!!
xox
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

Rachel Elizabeth Holmes said...

hhahaha i love the ingersol girls definition of fun! i need that book!