Darling Meg over at 'The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell' has this great thing going on where people write in why they have a perfect body.
She's calling it "The Perfect Body Initiative" after Regina Spektor's song Folding Chair.
("I've got a perfect body, but sometimes I forget
I've got a perfect body, because my eyelashes catch my sweat...yes they do-oooh-ooh-ooh")
I admire Meg's boldness to share her "NED" (nasty eating disorder) experiences, because I sure do have my own, but I'm not quite ready to share them with the blogosphere.
So here are what a few of my own friends wrote in on her blog...I've copied them below:
RayRay: "My heart... Because I can still love even after being hurt so badly. It is more resilient than I ever knew.
Amy: "My body is perfect because it can create another human being. Childbirth is a miracle, and someday I get to be a part of it. I can't think of anything more beautiful."
Siovhan: "My body is perfect because it is me. It is mine. No one else can ever replicate exactly what I am. No amount of surgery or hair product could make them me. Each freckle, each scar, each crooked dimple, each pound on my body--it's me. And no one else gets to experience the joy that is being me."
Mine: "My hands, because they are the versatile vehicles from which I use to greet a person into my life, wipe away my tears of joy and pain, and express my thoughts through writing."
How is your body perfect??



2 footnotes:
your hands are truly brilliant creations AND creators of wonderful words.
I LOVED YOURS! I thought it was very Alex.
Meg is seriously BRILLIANT for doing this. It's what we all need to remember more often.
Post a Comment