Thursday, October 29, 2009

A-pathetic

Is how I've been feeling lately.

Midterm after paper after midterm after pesky quiz after another paper, etc.
Piercing windy cold.
Utah.
Waking up too uninspired to put on anything more than sweats.
Swallowing grainy horse pill vitamins to ward off H1N1.
Not applying a stitch of makeup for the week's majority.
Succumbing to the slippery slope of Ugg boots. (Rainbow sandals, I'll see you in a few...)

Does a-pathetic mean not pathetic, then?
Ooh, goody, I feel better already: there IS an empowering aspect of boredom!


On Tuesday, I started sobbing halfway through Greg Mortenson's forum address here at BYU (maybe the first time I've cried this whole year). It was brilliant, inspiring, humbling, hopeful, emancipating, and also real...I had been looking forward to it for several weeks, and will link it on here as soon as it is available online.


Regardless, I really think it's okay to wallow sometimes. A huge part of who I am is an isolated cavewoman. I LOVE alone time as much as I love social time, and I think my parents are reincarnated cavepeople: they need silence and stillness to recharge their batteries. Holing up in our rooms for hours to read, write and think in quiet sans TV or computer was a huge part of how I grew up.

I love my inner cavewoman. (But never fear, the next day I know I'll need to get out and run around to relax my brain from thinking!)

This song is one of my wallowing anthems, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

4 footnotes:

RayRay said...

you make me giggle. i don't have uggs, and I've never been able to figure out how to clothe my feet in the snow... Even after 5 years. I still don't know. help me?

Courtney said...

I have one pair of Uggs. And Spencer hates when I wear them. But sometimes the Entyce boots just don't cut it. Have you noticed they have NO TRACTION, whatsoever?

Tara said...

LOVE regina.

another song you might like- "you and i" by ingrid michaelson

Anonymous said...

I think having time for quiet reflection is so important. But I understand how difficult the endless stream of midterms and papers can get.