Tuesday, October 13, 2009

St. Albans School for Boys

Just say that title twice aloud....SWOON!

Brittany features a Door of the Week, which began as "Dør of the Week" when she was in Denmark (the motherland) this past summer.

This week she featured St. Albans/National Cathedral School (in Washington, DC).





My dad attended St. Albans all 13 years. He tells the story of learning to count to 50 in kindergarten to his teachers (nuns) for the prize of a snow globe. He proudly won it, after they asked him to stop after 100.

St. Albans is also where he proposed to my mom, the carefree California volleyball & beach lover. (He soon became a California convert. She insists she had no sway.)


I don't think there's anything more darling than little East Coast prep school boys. Maybe it's because I don't have little brothers, but I sometimes have this 60s housewife imagery of kissing my little boys' cheeks as they run off to school dressed in their sport coats, ties and tucked in collared shirts.


Needless to say, St. Albans holds a very special place in my heart.

3 footnotes:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I love it and it's freaking BEAUTIFUL!

Anna said...

I have such a thing for cool, colorful doors. AWESOME. Plus, those are in DC! :)


Also... I can comment again/my blogger doesnt totally hate me. yay! :)

The House That Lars Built said...

Ha! I love it. Thanks for the shout out.