Saturday, October 3, 2009

People dissection

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Here are excerpts from the latter part of the above quoted:


5Ws: Kate (pictured) and me, dinner, last Friday night, at MAZZA 9th and 9th Sugarhood... because we needed to get out of the bubble.

(Nerd by day. People watcher by night. Don't let the glasses fool you...)

The quirky mix included:
a) wonder bread white family that looked totally out of place but their assured expressions said otherwise.

b) the innocent U-but-may-as-well-been-from-BYU couple with the 'rescuer' male and 'i'll gracefully giggle at your lame jokes for the rest of eternity if you save me from single-dom' blonde female counterpart.

c) the persian group going to town family-style.

d) the 4-top of quirky hipster denizens who were fabulously nonconformist but could have used 5 more minutes in the shower.

e) an attractive man species with a gal who, if we had looked at him for 2 seconds longer, would have straight up murdered us with her A-pocket Sevens.

ALSO
as we checked out the lesbian couples (all 2 of them) and wondered for the 2498435 time aloud how gay we ourselves looked (2 parts concerned, 7 parts comically) ... is when I grab Kate's knee (to properly tell a story) and the waitress walks by.

EXCELLENT.


And let's not forget 'lumber jack' waiter who we both made eye contact with for a good 4 seconds, then giggled, then looked up again only to realize he had turned around to look at us again.
Hysterical.

'Lumber Jack' was a dark scruffy pirate type ... think Josh Kelley meets Johnny Depp.


After some other Sugarhood shenanigans, we drove home and my jaw hurt from laughing so hard.


I need to get out more often.
xo

4 footnotes:

tracey jameson said...

love it! :)

martha said...

i want some lumber jack.

MERN said...

I just love nights like this. I haven't had on in a while but everytime I do it takes me back to my 10 year old, knobby kneed self laying out on the trampoline laughing the night away with the girls.

Krystyna said...

Hey-- I love Kate! And I love that you two are friends! And I love this whole post!