Loved the GC this weekend.
(Utah's obsessed with acronyms i.e. OMG, did you see the RSP and the EQP in the JSB playing hooky from FHE?)
General Conference- it's where all the Mormons in the world tune in and hear from our main leaders and are reminded how much we are loved by God and other great uplifting things. Semi-annually. This year, there was a constant theme of SERVICE and LOVE expressed.
I love cutting through the cultural nonsense and getting back to basics with GC. Because ironically it's the fundamentals, the essence, that culture tends to mess up, at least for me. Even though I am not perfect myself, sorry Utah, but I get really frustrated with fanatical hyper-righteous interpretations I see here.
My faves: Uchtdorf and Bednar from Saturday AM session, and Holland Sunday PM session (there are 4 main 2-hour sessions).
How about you?
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Back to basics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 footnotes:
Elder Holland and Elder Nielson had my favorite talks, both on Sunday afternoon. It was so great.
Holland seems to be overwhelming in my household.! LOVED it.
Post a Comment