Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sarah, Sarah, go away!

Call me a flaming liberal, but I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

She is a good person, yes.

But please, GOP, for goodness sakes, go do some serious PR damage control and bury this woman out of the limelight because she is only making you look like chauvinistic pigs who have managed to reverse notions of what an intellectually capable, Beltway-astute woman represents.

If Alaskans were dense enough to elect her, then fine, keep her there...in the land where one can barbarically shoot rifles from a helicopters, Todd can run his snowmobiling business, and one has the God-given right to keep an eye on those pesky Russians.

My mom's Alaska-native college roommate said this over our families ritual Christmas Eve dinner this past year: "I know what it's like up there, and as such, I've worked very hard to keep myself out."

I am seriously embarrassed and a little angry at Palin in the following.
She's doing me, and other fellow women, a huge disservice.

Too bad everything she says is unfortunately... comical. And the fact that another fellow woman has reduced her to that is plain unfortunate.




To the writers of SNL: Do your thing...

See original Washington Post article here.

1 footnotes:

Courtney said...

Haha Alex! You are hilarious. I loved this post. Also, I didn't know your cousin was Elizabeth C! She was a star group member of mine! I love her!