MICHELLE was at the Pinkas Synagogue (Pinkasova Sinagoga) in Prague yesterday.
Are we meant to be friends or what.
Political persuasions aside, let's be glad we have a President who doesn't mistake the Czech Republic for "Chechnya" (as W did... and that Simon not so fondly remembers.)
And I nearly started bawling my eyes out at the exhibit of children's drawings at the Pinkas Synagogue (no photos allowed, or I would have posted below), and it was one of her most memorable parts of the Old Jewish Quarter.
Here's me there in January. Pretty sure my face was frozen.
The cemetery with the stacked tombstones. I'm getting better at my solemn face.

Geez, world, why can't we all just get along?
Geez, world, why can't we all just get along?
Coming from a community back home where nearly 40% of my high school was Jewish (a good portion of my younger years was spent believing the world was half Jewish/half Christian), it goes without saying I take an interest in their culture with deep love and respect...and Bar Mitzvah's are pretty fun too.
But in all seriousness, next to Sachsenhaussen concentration camp, the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, Gerda Weissman Klein giving an address at my high school, or David Faber at my middle school, the Pinkasova Sinagoga (with the dedicatory museum and cemetery) was another great Jewish experience......and I'm so glad Michelle liked it too!
(I only wish my bubbala had been there with me)
At Sachsenhaussen CC, Germany- April '08
Arbeit Macht Frei- "Work will set you free"
Arbeit Macht Frei- "Work will set you free"



4 footnotes:
so this is just a guess... but i think you might be obsessed with michelle obama.
i'm just going to come right out and say that the enormous bow on michelle's top is rather precious.
thanks for posting photos from your trip --- very powerful. btw, i'm enjoying your michelle obsession too!
the first time i saw someone freak dancing was at a bar mitzvah. really was traumatizing.
Post a Comment