Saturday, April 25, 2009

Summer re-shaping

Remember this post?


Yeah, well...DC is a no-go this summer. In a nutshell:
The recession is so real, it even refuses my slave labor.

Yes, even though the BYU internship program I was working with assured me I would not have to submit more than 12 applications, I slyly applied for another 10 behind their backs. And good thing, because I only received one offer (from MY OWN said sly shenanigans, mind you).

But that offer fell through.

But you can bet all the ice cream I ate today that it's really OK. It wouldn't have bolstered any graduate school application, nor given me any portfolio-building material.

Who said beggars can't be choosers!


July and August will still find me whisked off to the East Coast, just in time to see the 4th of July parade down Main Street in the darling lake town where my fam vacations.
Americana at it's Yankee-est.
Also, you may find me on the couch of my Park Slope cousins getting some NYC fix. Mmm.

So yeah, me, instead of gunning it like I usually do with any freelance/internship work I can scrounge up, I'm going to be taking 8 credits of school and kicking it at King Henry during May and June, spending hours at Seven Peaks in their aptly named lazy river.

The only thing that changes about the original summer post is the 1/2 marathon with my cousin, who, as an environment and public policy major at her university, will not be at the massive fam reunion because she'll be doing research in Honolulu.
I know, "research"...yeah ;)
That, and The Lion King.


But never fear, cherry blossoms and the Beltway are still in my near future...just all in due time.
I figure I better enjoy this time in my life before I surrender the meaning of carefree for good.

Maybe I'll actually get tan this summer. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, see you at the pool!

4 footnotes:

tracey jameson said...

sorry your internship fell through. :( but on the bright side, we get to play this summer!:)
ps i still owe you a movie

lindseylovesZARA said...

kh pool here we COME!!!

Courtney said...

Wait a second. You have a pass to Seven Peaks? You best believe that I have a lifetime pass. We're going.

Alexandra said...

YAAAAYYY!!!