Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Machu Picchu opens my floodgates

When I was home last week, I was semi-chastised by my mom, who told me I have to pipe down my traveling.

To paraphrase, "You can't willy-nilly think you can or should go just anywhere because you have a passport."


I almost cried.
Traveling is my oxygen.

It did not help to get Gchat-ted by Emmy J from the Peru airport ... telling me to join her!


And then I see this...


The traveling gods are really really naughty sometimes...



In other news: NYC Half-Marathon August 16...


any takers??!!

4 footnotes:

Anonymous said...

Wish I knew about those flight prices to Peru when we bought ours. Ouch.

I was just considering training for a half marathon again. Last summer I made it to 8 miles and stopped my training at that (too hot to run even at 9 AM....and laziness). Can't make it to NYC, but considering a local one.

The House That Lars Built said...

Never! Come visit DC first. I'll be in Copenhagen for the summer...come there too!

ps-did you know our mom's our Facebook friends?

yeehaw!

andrea said...

i have done both- we watched craig in the nyc marathon in 03' and loved it. that same year i hiked machu picchu in august. and why wouldn't you? ohh elizabeth don't be so silly.

Alexandra said...

Ooh Katie, will you be back from Peru in time to do the UV Marathon?

Brittany- but of course you will be in Copenhagen! Can't wait to see pictures, inspiration and the design projects...

Andi- genius. THANK YOU for echoing my sentiments. Elizabeth IS really really silly...