I've secretly thought celebrities look ridiculous when they are interviewed or give some awards speech and always thank "their fans"...
You know, to the tune of some variation of "I wouldn't be here without my fans"....
or,
holding up their Oscar staring into the abyss of the Kodak Theater with their personally-trained, low-carb, high-protein bicep, they'll chipper "this one's for my fans!!!"
.....they're addressing the many thousands/millions/billions of people who idolize their talent, envy their financial stability, scrutinize their weight loss/gain through the tabloids, lust after their looks, worship their artistic genius, whatever their choice of fanfare may be....
Well, now I think I get it.
In the past couple days and weeks, I've come across a lot of people I don't normally see (my friends are found in many various places), that have all said they enjoy reading 'my own shade of yellow journalism' aka 'Burnt Mustard' aka this blog...
and I want you to know I really appreciate it!
Because as a writer, having readers of your work is like being an athlete, having people come to watch your games.
And when readers like my writing (as displayed in posted and verbalized comments), it's as if I've 'won' a game.
Simply put, it's the cherry on top of what I love to do.
So, to all my fans,
on this 1-year anniversary of Burnt Mustard's founding,
I dedicate this post to you.
Thank you!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
This one's for my fans...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 footnotes:
Post a Comment